Friday, August 24, 2012

Whales off the shore today, maybe twelve or more, blowing and rolling around.  I tried to get a picture, but the camera's zoom isn't powerful enough to capture them.  One of the group, though, was close enough that I could see the perfect V shape of its spray. 

We've been told to keep a look out from now on, since they come down this way before rounding the cape.  There are also whale watching boats that take off from south of Cape Town, so I imagine we'll be doing that some time this month.

But first we have to finish all the "business" we have to do--car, house, etc.  Keeping our fingers crossed, but it looks like we have a house on the beach.  Let us know if you're up for a visit! 

2 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed that all works out for the beach house! Can't wait to talk on Saturday! Love -Sian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun to connect today and to see you and Julian and Zoe. We'll have to look into the Facetime app for Mac. Maybe you need an I-Pad!

    ReplyDelete